Pilot/Flying J App Trip Planner

Pilot/Flying J App Trip Planner

Postby Fred » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:48 am

FYI - The Pilot Truck Stop app has been updated to include a Trip Planner function. I think this is a great addition. The old app gave you a list of stations within a range of miles. That list was only marginally helpful. the route function makes it easier to find Pilot stations along your planned route.

While the Pilot app is not perfect, I still view it as a Must-Have app for any RVer. In my case, the states around me vary GREATLY in fuel prices. For instance, my home state of West Virginia has VERY high fuel prices. I tend to fuel up in Virginia and drive through North Carolina to the Pilot stations in South Carolina (one of the lowest fuel prices).

There is one slight bug in the Trip Planner logic. When I put in my location to Rock Hill, SC, the app did not include the Rock Hill, SC Pilot station that I know exists. To avoid the bug, just extend your trip slightly past your destination. When I extended my fictitious trip slightly past Rock Hill to Columbia, SC, the software showed the Rock Hill station.

Overall, the new Trip Planner function is a GREAT addition.
Fred
ViewRVs.com Administrator
1977 Argosy 20 Motorhome
1974 Volkswagen Beetle (toad)
Fred
Site Admin

Return to Smart Phone Apps