TN, Pigeon Forge - Foothills RV Park and Cabins

Reviews of your recent campground stays

TN, Pigeon Forge - Foothills RV Park and Cabins

Postby HappyPill77 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:04 pm

We stayed at this RV park in May 2015 in a 20 foot motorhome. The park is very clean and well maintained. There is a pretty good sized hill that you have to drive up to get to the park. I liked this park because it has the feel that you are away from all of the hustle and bustle of Pigeon Forge, but really you are right on the trolley line to get to Dollywood and other places. The bathrooms were very clean as well as the laundry area. The showers had a locking door for extra privacy and were very clean. The laundry cost $2 per load and $2 per dry. We stayed at the very beginning of April, so there were only one or two other people camping when we were there. There were lots of RV's at other campgrounds that we saw in Pigeon Forge, though, and we found that strange since there are tons of RV parks in Pigeon Forge.

Now to the negatives about this RV park. The woman at the counter was very friendly on the phone when I made the reservation, but then over a week before our planned arrival I had to shorten our trip from 7 nights to 5 nights and she lost her friendliness. Then 3 nights before we planned to arrive we realized that we could come earlier plus one extra night. I called to see if they had openings for us to come earlier and stay for 8 nights. They did, but when we arrived the woman made a snarky remark to us about changing our plans so much and acted like we were idiots. I realize that we did change the plans twice, but it ended up that we paid for 8 nights during the same week that we originally made the reservation! Since she is in the customer service business and especially if she wants repeat customers, she should have kept her remarks to herself, smiled and taken our money. Also, one day we came back to the campground ready to take showers when we realized that the water was not working. We went to the office and politely asked about it, and the man there was very indifferent and non-apologetic about it. He told us they knew and were working on getting it fixed. It was fixed shortly after that. I realize that these things happen, so I am not upset about the water. It was just the man's attitude that was the problem.

All in all this was a very nice campground, but I can only guess that the reason they were not more busy like the other campgrounds in the area may have been the management.
1977 Argosy 20 "George"

Re: TN, Pigeon Forge - Foothills RV Park and Cabins

Postby Chuck233 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Nice to know about other campgrounds.

Last time we were there, we stayed at the KOA. It was pretty nice and very centrally located. It was pretty flat and the campsites were level. What we liked best was that it was so close to the Trolly Depot (right across the park). We also walked over and had breakfast at the Old Mill restaurant (several times actually).

Return to Campground Reviews